Ambrotype?

Found this from a Google search, could be the same man? Although I have yet to find a connection of that name to the civil war. But the sleuthing continues!!

Screenshot_20191223-220824.jpg

mosher 2.JPG
mosher 1.JPG

First impulse was to say no but I'm not so sure. The Find a Grave image seems to depict a longer face, learned not to trust the camera sometimes though. Angle of the lens, etc. can lead your eye astray, you know? What's striking is the beard beginning right under his lip? Men tended to not change their beard styles very much.

@John Hartwell , you're awfully familiar with Mass. and the war- somewhere to look further into records?

I'll get in trouble for saying this but yes, they do. I realize it's just not possible to ascertain vis images and seems a vast leap- seems to me visual patterns count if that makes sense. I'd get more into why they seem related but it'd take awhile.

Find a Grave image feels slightly pre-war, btw? Only around since 1855 so I realize that's a stretch- something just feels like it, that's all. Men's clothing is tough- men tended to not hugely follow fashion, you hear of them being buried in the same suit in which they were married. Used to think neck wear would help narrow things down then got a look at Lincoln's progression. Same pointy-ended, flat bow tie for most images- maybe a smaller version during the war years.

Back