ACW Sites Google Maps

KianGaf

Sergeant Major
Joined
May 29, 2019
Location
Dublin , Ireland
I do often use google maps to investigate ACW sites. If find it very handy to help understand locations and the terrain of sites I'm reading about. I was looking into the Five Forks battlefield and couldn't find it. The site listed was in Petersburg itself and looked plain wrong. I found the accurate location with help from maps from the American Battlefield Trust. I found it strange that such a pivotal engagement was missing from google maps. It got me thinking what else is not listed. It could be worth investigating as the more information available for people the more visits these important sites will get.


Fiveforks.png
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top