Trivia 9-10-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
Who am I?

My father was governor of a Midwestern state. I graduated from West Point, served briefly in the Mexican War, and raised a regiment for the Civil War, which I commanded until being court-martialed. My court martial probably resulted from my criticism of my superiors' conduct in a great battle.

1. Who am I? [Thomas Worthington, Jr.]
2. What regiment did I raise/command [46th Ohio Volunteer Infantry]
3. What generals did I criticize? [Grant and Sherman]
4. What was the great battle? [Shiloh]

Edit - The identity of the person who posted this question has not been revealed in this post.

Will the person who posted it please enter a post to identify yourself? It would be a shame if everybody who responds to the question gets 10 points credit while the person who submitted it misses out.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Who am I?

My father was governor of a Midwestern state. I graduated from West Point, served briefly in the Mexican War, and raised a regiment for the Civil War, which I commanded until being court-martialed. My court martial probably resulted from my criticism of my superiors' conduct in a great battle.

1. Thomas Worthington, Jr. (1807-1884);
2. 46th Ohio Volunteer Infantry;
3. Grant and Sherman;
4. Shiloh.
Source: "Thomas Worthington, Jr. (1807-1884)", Adena Mansion & Gardens Historic Site. https://www.adenamansion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Thomas-Worthington-Jr.pdf

as you can see I royally goofed this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back