1863 Springfield

Got this one for under $50. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to remove some rust with a file. Debating on if I sould leave it this way, or to try and restore it. Uually I like to leave them the way I find them, but I beleive this one is beyond any real collector value. Lockplate is toast and there is a small crack in the stock. Wish they just left the pitting. Bore is OK.
View attachment 82304
Very cool! Clean it,wax it,and hang it on the wall!
 
Acw. Springfield s
image.jpg
image.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top