Custer Yellow Hawk

It certainly would not be shocking if tom or George fathered a child out there. I read crazy horse and Custer recently which was an entertaining book even though I do not normally like Ambrose but he pretty much discounts the whole thing
That is an excellent book!
 
Actually, I think the story is true. The Wikipedia article on Monesetah is pretty complete, and contains is well-footnoted, including Robert Utley and Jeffrey Wert among the sources. Custer fancied himself an Indian collector, student and expert and I find a relationship to be competely within the bounds of his character. The article suggests that Robert Utley feels that Tom Custer may have been the father instead of Autie.
I wondered if the father might be Custer's brother or there may have been some other misidentification somewhere along the line. However, as I said, I haven't put any research into it to access what the evidence is and how accurate it might be.
 
There must have been a Ghost Writer of sorts jotting down the oral history of Chief Red Fox's tale. The word "impregnate" is in the story. I kind of doubt an Indian would use that word. But then, who knows?
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top