Worth Buying?

UKMarkw

Sergeant
Joined
Dec 6, 2012
Location
Portsmouth, England
Smithsonian's Great Battles & Battlefields of the Civil War

I am currently watching this on youtube (or more accurately listening) and wondered if the book was worth getting. It has Ed Bearss associated with it but would appreciate your comments before purchasing.

thanks in advance
 
Gets good reviews on Amazon UK and can be had for £11 including postage, could be worth a punt.
I have bought many of these "used, good condition" books from Stateside dealers on Amazon marketplace and although the postage can take a week or two I have never yet been disappointed with the purchase.
 
I can't say what I'd recommend about the book version, but I also watched the YouTube version. It was good, nothing covered that was too unusual and Ed Bearss is always a delight! Being nit-picky, I was unhappy when they repeated showed somebody else in a kepi as Stonewall Jackson. Don't know who that gent was, but it wasn't Stonewall! There were a few things like that.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top