Why is it called a forage cap?

Agreed the whole "forage cap is a bag for foraging" thing is a myth. That's what your haversack is for!

Personally I quite like the 1839 style wheel forage cap, and the 1825 "chako" pinwheel is one of the nicer looking pieces of US headware.

I'm looking into buying myself a forage cap myself soon, I currently have just a kepi. I really like it but could use more variety in my headwear. Could someone do a quick break down of all the different styles of forage cap (Type 1 vs Type 2... also what's the difference between the '58 and '61 model)?
Send me your email via PM and I'll forward a very informative study on the forage cap.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top