Vicksburg Eagle Button Display

It was never retrieved because of the property it’s located on. Have you ever come up on a 30pounder parrot shell sitting upright on top of the ground? I wouldn’t bring them in…they were to heavy

It was never retrieved because of the property it’s located on. Have you ever come up on a 30pounder parrot shell sitting upright on top of the ground? I wouldn’t bring them in…they were to heavy
I've never found a 30 pounder on top of the ground. Did you dig it and leave it there? Is it private or government property?

Yes I dug em up and left them. Hey Tom bill is visually disabled and I’m his helper. He would love to talk to you. Is it allowed to give phone numbers or not

I have to leave bill now but his daughter can check tomorrow. I think he’d rather tell you about it. He is a very knowledgeable about this stuff

Kepi photos

0514FB75-A419-41E1-80DC-4E5F04A2EF04.jpeg

DB288CEC-FEF3-47FD-88C3-091D6CC4C501.jpeg

Line up the Jewish synagogue and draw a line to where the Chevrolet place was or is on the south side of I-20 frontage. That’s where both of these guns were impacting. The whitworth was manned by the Pointe Coupee battery from Louisiana. It’s serial number was 555.it was disabled in early June 1863.
I was wondering how you know the serial number of one of two breach loading Whitworths that were in the Vicksburg garrison? One burst at the breach after loading and firing a day or two after going into the garrison in May. The surviving one was swapped around to different units, one being men of the P C Arty.

I was wondering how you know the serial number of one of two breach loading Whitworths that were in the Vicksburg garrison? One burst at the breach after loading and firing a day or two after going into the garrison in May. The surviving one was swapped around to different units, one being men of the P C Arty.
I read it in a Veteran’s letter who was a member of the Pointe Coupee battery. This vet also said they buried the tube with two of the dead. I found no Whitworhs being surrendered.

I read it in a Veteran’s letter who was a member of the Pointe Coupee battery. This vet also said they buried the tube with two of the dead. I found no Whitworhs being surrendered.
I would really like to know more. Can you share the source or how I can look at the letter?

I would really like to know more. Can you share the source or how I can look at the letter?
I no longer have the magazine where I saw this information in. It was written by a member of the point coupee battery from new roads Louisiana. It was buried on the northeast side of their position whhen it became disabled. I believe the magazine was the confederate veterans magazine

I no longer have the magazine where I saw this information in. It was written by a member of the point coupee battery from new roads Louisiana. It was buried on the northeast side of their position whhen it became disabled. I believe the magazine was the confederate veterans magazine
I'll see what I can find, thanks.

Back