Union regiment uniform

Mastermars

Cadet
What was the uniform of the 2nd South Carolina Volunteer Regiment (US Colored Troops) in 1863 when they participated in the Combahee River Raid?
I can only find the uniform of the 1st South Carolina Volunteer Regiment which was the typical union blue coat with red trousers. The 2nd SC Vol. Reg was depicted in two movies: in the movie "Glory" this regiment was depicted in the Darien, GA raid wearing red trousers. In the more recent movie "Harriet" this regiment was depicted wearing the the typical light blue trousers. Which uniform is correct for 1863?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
This is a good question. I have never seen information that the 2nd South Carolina Volunteer Regiment (US Colored Troops) ever received red trousers. The 1st Regiment South Carolina was issued red trousers when formed in 1862 but the red trousers were unpopular with the regiment. By the middle of February 1863 the 1st Regiment South Carolina were issued dark blue trousers. Unless the red trousers had been put in storage and then issued to the 2nd South Carolina Volunteer Regiment (US Colored Troops) I have some doubts the 2nd South Carolina Volunteer Regiment (US Colored Troops) would have been wearing red trousers in June of 1863. I would believe that light blue or dark blue trousers are more likely. Perhaps some more knowledgeable forum member know the answer.

19thGeorgia

1st Lieutenant
According to this it was the same as the 1st SC-
Screenshot (1982).jpg

http://www.vfte.org/images/2015_05_Chautauqua-Civil_War_Flash_Card_Port_Royal_48.pdf

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I have never seen a source that indicated that the 33rd or 34th USCT ever wore red jackets and have doubts they did. As stated in post #2, I have not seen sources that indicate that either unit wore red trousers after February of 1863.