Uniform id

Capt7thWvCoA

Corporal
Joined
Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone, I would like some help identifying a repro cs shell coat I just got. I'm not sure of the model it's based on or what the trim indicates.

20200906_190315.jpg
 
Confederate regulations specify black as trim for medical services. Various States had different State regulations for branch of service trim; North Carolina specified black for infantry.
This is not a copy of any Confederate or State Depot produced jacket. Rather, it is a mainstream level "roundabout" jacket with black trim.
 
Not an expert,but I'm guessing a Columbus Depot jacket. Except I think they had wooden buttons.

1599612948356.png

1599613025777.png


Columbus depot usually had blue trim, original up top... repo down below. I really don't know Confederate uniforms as well as others but it was usually made out of jean wool. Others can correct me on that.

Authentic Campaigner hosted an article by Geoff Walden who did an analysis of the surviving Columbus depot jackets which can be found here:

 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top