Two Plant Revolvers.

drm2m

Sergeant
Before November 2017 I knew nothing about these revolvers.
Does anyone else have any?

The-Plant-boys-are-reunited-again.jpg

DSC06835.jpg

https://postimages.org/

s-purchased-recently-for-these-two-Plant-revolvers.jpg

1st-Model-Plant-Revolver-iron-frame-2.jpg

3rd-Model-Plant-revolver.jpg

Plant-revolvers-page-two-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting pistol and ammo.
But that Spur Trigger scares me. It may be my imagination but it looks like it would easier to accidentally squeeze it or bump it.

Interesting pistol and ammo.
But that Spur Trigger scares me. It may be my imagination but it looks like it would easier to accidentally squeeze it or bump it.
I kind of agree with your reaction although thinking about the design, it would only be an issue for accidental discharge if it were cocked, as they are single action revolvers.

I'm fortunate enough to have a version of all three models of the Plant revolver. Serial numbers 43, 221 and 1757. If monthly production numbers were relatively constant from mid 1864 through the end of 1866 it is possible that only the first 2000 to 2200 Plant revolvers would have been manufactured in time to see service during the Civil War.

20201227_091624.jpg

Great looking old revolvers. Thanks for posting the pictures and the article containing information on them.

I kind of agree with your reaction although thinking about the design, it would only be an issue for accidental discharge if it were cocked, as they are single action revolvers.
I agree. I have a small .31 caliber boot pistol that is also scary.
Once you cock it, you almost HAVE to shoot it—- there is no place to rest your trigger finger. Most pistols have a Trigger Guard where you can place your finger.

Last edited:
Back