Trying to identify

Joined
Apr 8, 2024
Been trying to identify some of my items I found metal detecting. Some I know, but not enough information. I know a lot of my relics are Civil War and everything was found in the same area. So I think it was possibly a camp site or something. The one item is a Virginia State Seal Confederate Button, there's also a Civil War Era Floral Button, and the one item is what I believe is a Naval Signet Ring with a Clipper Ship

20210303_233523.jpg


20210303_233640~3.jpg


20210304_180403.jpg


20240404_131419.jpg


20240404_132454.jpg


20240404_132518.jpg


20240404_131428.jpg


20240407_234821.jpg


20240404_131948.jpg


20240404_132153.jpg


20240407_235059.jpg
 
Some nice digs. Thanks for sharing them with us. The 3 bullets to the right of the Sharps are post war bullets.
 
The Confederate Navy had a ship button like that one except the ship was facing in the other direction and you couldn't see the square sail on the stern and I think it had CS under the ship. The next to the last thing looks like something you fit a grommet over and then twist to hold it in place; like something you would use in WW2 to hold a tarp over the back of a vehicle or on a ship. I don't know if they date back to Civil War days. The last think looks like it could be a metal fork or spoon handle.
 
1st is a shoulder epaulette lock
2nd could be a 1st Corps badge (White for 2nd division), can we see the back ?

Good camp your in, love that Va !!

epscales.jpg


corpsbadge.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top