Thomas war flag

tmh10

Major
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Location
Pipestem,WV
34067v.jpg


  • Title: Thomas war flag
  • Date Created/Published: [photographed between 1861 and 1865, printed later]
  • Medium: 1 photographic print on card mount : gelatin silver.
  • Summary: Portrait shows a man holding a display of the battle flag used by Gen. George H. Thomas's unit.
  • Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-34067 (digital file from original item) LC-USZC4-7981 (color film copy transparency) LC-USZ62-92395 (b&w film copy neg.)
  • Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
  • Call Number: LOT 4185, no. 30 [P&P]
  • Notes:
    • Title from item.
    • From Brady negative: LC-BH832-631.
 
That's another nice photo, but I speculate that it was made after the war--perhaps in 1865, but after the close of hostilities. I say that only because the man is in civilian clothes.
 
That's another nice photo, but I speculate that it was made after the war--perhaps in 1865, but after the close of hostilities. I say that only because the man is in civilian clothes.
Could be. The LOC says created or published 1861-1865, but I've found their info to be incorrect from time to time.
 
Probably quite a while after the war. This is clearly a GAR-type thing. I don't know who does the cataloging for the LoC, but they're not very good at it.

34067ub.jpg
04345a.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top