Taking a baby to events

Baby head phones for sure. Be mindful of temperature and sun exposure they can't regulate like adults.
 
I am leery of taking a newborn to an event, but a toddler would probably be okay. I will admit it has been quite a while since I had a little groomer, but I think moderation is the key. In other words, there will likely be too much stimulation so I think I would only take the child to an event as a spectator and then only for an hour or so.
 
Reenactments are full of all the things little ones should avoid - fire... sharp things... crowds of strangers... Our daughter was 11 months old when we took her to her first event. She wouldn´t settle down to sleep in a tent so we ended up going off at about 11:30pm to find a motel room. Fortunately, it was a small event in a pretty touristy town.
I would recommend a small event and day trip it. Don´t even try to camp ¨authentically.¨ When the baby decides not to play anymore, it will end up being mom who will bear the brunt of child care (even if you´re a really good dad!). People will say things to you like ¨Is she wearing authentic diapers?¨ and ¨Is that baby bottle authentic?¨ Even if they´re not trying to be annoying, it gets old pretty quickly. Our other children were 5 or 6 when they started going out and they were pretty easy to manage.
I guess I´m saying that we didn´t take a baby again, so I wouldn´t recommend it. But if you decide to - have contingency plans.
(PS - CONGRATULATIONS!!:dance:
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top