Strawberry-Clementine Pie

This sweet pie pairs fruits that compliment each other. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crumb crust

3 ounces cream cheese, softened

5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided

1 tablespoon milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided

1½ tablespoons cornstarch

½ cup orange juice

¼ cup orange liqueur

3 tablespoons light corn syrup

2½ cups fresh Clementine or Mandarin sections

1 pint fresh North Carolina strawberries, halved or sliced

Directions:

Blend softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Spread in bottom of graham cracker crust. Place in refrigerator to chill.

Mix cornstarch with remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and blend with orange juice and orange liqueur. Pour mixture into a saucepan.

Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Cool to room temperature and then add corn syrup, mixing well. Arrange orange sections on top of cream cheese and top with strawberries.

Spoon orange glaze over fruit and chill for about 3 hours or until firm. Serves 6

Source: Local Flavor: Strawberry Recipe Contest

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinterest

This sweet pie pairs fruits that compliment each other. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crumb crust

3 ounces cream cheese, softened

5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided

1 tablespoon milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided

1½ tablespoons cornstarch

½ cup orange juice

¼ cup orange liqueur

3 tablespoons light corn syrup

2½ cups fresh Clementine or Mandarin sections

1 pint fresh North Carolina strawberries, halved or sliced

Directions:

Blend softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Spread in bottom of graham cracker crust. Place in refrigerator to chill.

Mix cornstarch with remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and blend with orange juice and orange liqueur. Pour mixture into a saucepan.

Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Cool to room temperature and then add corn syrup, mixing well. Arrange orange sections on top of cream cheese and top with strawberries.

Spoon orange glaze over fruit and chill for about 3 hours or until firm. Serves 6

Source: Local Flavor: Strawberry Recipe Contest
This looks great and i would eat thhe whole thing...i would make one change and you have to live in florida to do it and that is substitute Murcottes(honey tangeriines) for the clemintines.don't get me wrong clemintines are great but murcotes are the sweetest of all the citrus fruit.unfortunatly there are not that many grown and do not hold up well for shipping even today,but Nov. Thru Feb. If you go to one of the frui shipping stores or a grove you are in for agreat and rare treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellie. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and delicious looking recipe. It looks like it would be a very light dessert to be served with a very nice glass of merlot or maybe a zinvindel wine. Could I substitute orange segments for clemintines? I really do not like the taste of clemintines. YUK!!! Make that a double YUK!!! :wink:David.

Ellie. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and delicious looking recipe. It looks like it would be a very light dessert to be served with a very nice glass of merlot or maybe a zinvindel wine. Could I substitute orange segments for clemintines? I really do not like the taste of clemintines. YUK!!! Make that a double YUK!!! :wink:David.
Use madarians if you like.

This looks very good - will try it. Strawberries ought to be coming on in a little while and this looks like fresh ones are best!

Honey tangerines, you say Nitrofd? Never had them! Clementines - I'm with everybody else, they are not a favorite. But...being half blind I've ended up with them instead of the others...:cool: Hubby now follows me around the store and puts back stuff I've misread and gets the right stuff... :tongue:

This looks very good - will try it. Strawberries ought to be coming on in a little while and this looks like fresh ones are best!

Honey tangerines, you say Nitrofd? Never had them! Clementines - I'm with everybody else, they are not a favorite. But...being half blind I've ended up with them instead of the others...:cool: Hubby now follows me around the store and puts back stuff I've misread and gets the right stuff... :tongue:
Honey tangerines are unknown to most floridians unless you are really from the citrus belt in the center of the state.up here in north florida it is even hard for me to find them.

Despite the dislike of clementines, here's another great recipe using these tasty citrus fruits - it's gluten free, which is a nice touch for those on the forum with intolerance issues -

Clementine Cake

Ingredients -
  • 1 lb Clementines
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 ¼ cups sugar
  • 2 ⅓ cups fine almond flour
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Directions -

1. Place the clementines in a big pot of cold water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 2 hours.

2. Drain. Remove the seeds, if any. Puree the clementines, skins and all.

3. Preheat oven to 350.

4. Grease and line cake pans with parchment.

5. Beat the eggs, almond flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Add clementines and mix well.

6. Bake for 40 minutes.

Source - http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/recipes/clementine-cake

Back