Lee Stained glass

Stiles/Akin

Sergeant Major
the stained glass in Washington National Cathedral for Lee and Jackson was removed in 2017. The glass in this post with Lee and Rev. Tuttle is from a church in Austin which was also supposed to have taken theirs down in 2017. https://www.texasstandard.org/.../an-austin-congregation.../

58650144_2275682216019564_8476030809474596864_n (1).jpg

No disrespect intended, PK here who grew up around a lot of stained glass. I'm sorry, thinking about that window in a church made me laugh. It's a little eye popping, some cross over between war and religion. I'd say that no matter who was represented.

You know where there's no contention or confusion? The window honoring Sisters who nursed wounded from sides in St. Francis Xavier, Gettysburg. Both flags are in the image, onus on the Catholic nuns who glued shattered men from both armies together. It's a wonderful window.

I wonder what they did with the windows. Stained glass windows are beautiful. They need to be preserved somewhere.

We actually have several stained glass windows hanging in our lanai. My husband framed them. They were from old home in Louisville, Ky. He was able to get them when the city was tearing the old home down. They are so beautiful when sun hits them.

I love stained glass. So many rich colors. I agree that military men probably do not belong in a church window. However I would love to see them as a public work display.

I’m currently reading Angels of the Battlefield, so I absolutely agree with the nurses in a window. And those Nuns sure were in the thick of things!

Back