Spencer Rail Depot

KianGaf

Sergeant Major
On my last visit down South I stopped for a tour of the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer. It was a fantastic day looking at the facility and the locomotives. I was curious if the rail yard was around at the time of the war and played any part in the conflict ?

On my last visit down South I stopped for a tour of the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer. It was a fantastic day looking at the facility and the locomotives. I was curious if the rail yard was around at the time of the war and played any part in the conflict ?
These were the post-war North Carolina RR shops; the Spencer station did not exist during the war. The early and war shops were at what is now Burlington, then called Company Shops. CS was at the exact middle of the road and was created by the RR. For many years, it was a typical company town.

I remember the Burlington commercials on our local TV channels back in the early 1960's. I hadn't realized the origin of their industry involved railroads. Thanks for the thread!
Lubliner.

Back