Recent Find Sharps carbine

Crowle26

Cadet
Hi all I’m looking for information and history of a sharps carbine I’ve just bought serial number 1505 picture below shows it plus some other guns I was offered

7A11B1D2-D684-46EC-ABA4-8B6C4A2F537A.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As I stated in your welcome post. Do you know what model it is or if it has a C in front of the 1505. They made many models. It really hard to see in the photos. If you could post some photos to include makers marks, model mark and serial # as the ones below we will take a look and see just what you have. @Jeff in Ohio is correct as if it has an 1505 serial# it would have to be a model 1851 and the one in the photo is not a model 1851.
1582238334789.png

1582238411930.png

1582238502534.png

Last edited:
Is that one in the photo nickel plated or armory bright? 20 some odd years ago there was a nickel (looked chromed actually IIRC) Sharps carbine hanging on the wall in a shop in Edgewater FL, he had a lot of older stuff. He said it had been plated that way as it was used in ceremonial duties. It just didn't look quite right to me, the finish that is and I wondered what the real story was on it.

Welcome to the forum from The Trans-Mississippi Department.

Is that one in the photo nickel plated or armory bright? 20 some odd years ago there was a nickel (looked chromed actually IIRC) Sharps carbine hanging on the wall in a shop in Edgewater FL, he had a lot of older stuff. He said it had been plated that way as it was used in ceremonial duties. It just didn't look quite right to me, the finish that is and I wondered what the real story was on it.
I’m not sure the only one that’s mine is the sharps but I can ask who’s they are

Back