Replica Unit flags?

I've looked up flags, but not considered buying from thecolorbearer.com.

Try Steve Hill at DuPage Military Flag Co.
9.gif
He has made two guidons for our group. The quality and accuracy of the flags are fantastic, and as I recall, the price was very reasonable.

Not to change the subject, but what is your interest in the 10th Ohio Cavalry? I have a cavalry saber used by Robert Kroesen, a private in Company H. He was too young to serve, so he left his home in Pennsylvania and crossed into Ohio to enlist. His pards knew him as "Little Bob," but at the end of the war he had grown to more than six feet tall. I've been trying to find his service record, but all Fold3 has on Ohio volunteers is a single card for each with minimal info.

Not to change the subject, but what is your interest in the 10th Ohio Cavalry? I have a cavalry saber used by Robert Kroesen, a private in Company H. He was too young to serve, so he left his home in Pennsylvania and crossed into Ohio to enlist. His pards knew him as "Little Bob," but at the end of the war he had grown to more than six feet tall. I've been trying to find his service record, but all Fold3 has on Ohio volunteers is a single card for each with minimal info.
My 3rd Great Gpa served in the 10th Ohio Cav.

unless reenacting units make their own or they do not carry flags into reenacted "battles," seems someone would have taken this up as a marketable item for the reenacting community. I was able to obtain WWII reproduction regiment/unit flags very easy.

Emailed the folks at B&B Tart...never received a reply.
Hopefully they'll get back to you. I know all the uniform makers are busy getting clothing orders filled for the upcoming season. Doing a quick search I did find several companies that make custom historical flags but I'm not familiar with any of them so I can't give a honest recommendation. We're lucky we have a very talented guy in our bunch who makes his own uniforms that made a beautiful battle flag for the unit but it's just a hobby for him.

Hopefully they'll get back to you. I know all the uniform makers are busy getting clothing orders filled for the upcoming season. Doing a quick search I did find several companies that make custom historical flags but I'm not familiar with any of them so I can't give a honest recommendation. We're lucky we have a very talented guy in our bunch who makes his own uniforms that made a beautiful battle flag for the unit but it's just a hobby for him.

Yeah, I ended up finding a couple sites but they want an outrageous amount of money for a repro flag. Can't afford to drop thousands on a repro. thanks for looking.

Yeah, I ended up finding a couple sites but they want an outrageous amount of money for a repro flag. Can't afford to drop thousands on a repro. thanks for looking.
Are you looking for something completely authentic for reenacting use or a replica for display? If you are just looking for a replica check out Gettysburg Flag Works. Their prices are pretty good and we actually have a state flag from them we use sometimes as an alternative to the battle flag in certain situations that while it's made with synthetic materials it's still pretty nice and they say they'll do custom work.

Are you looking for something completely authentic for reenacting use or a replica for display? If you are just looking for a replica check out Gettysburg Flag Works. Their prices are pretty good and we actually have a state flag from them we use sometimes as an alternative to the battle flag in certain situations that while it's made with synthetic materials it's still pretty nice and they say they'll do custom work.
Simply a replica for display. I will chk out Gettysburg Flag Works

I am having one made by a fellow in Georgia from measurements and a museum picture..I would think he would make yours. He has a website.....Southern Pride. I'll see how mine turns out. Priced it VERY reasonable. Also, there's a lady in South Carolina that has made flags for over 30 years. She has a website, too. dixiememories.com

Back