Reenactment Groups in Central Kentucky

DenverMann18

Private
Hi all,

I'm looking for more information on reenactment groups in Central Kentucky. I've tried to get in touch with two different groups that portray the 13th KY Vol. Infantry (US), but both seem to be inactive. Are there any groups within a few hours' drive from Lexington, KY that are looking to add new members? I'm looking to get involved for the first time.

Wish I knew someone there personally, but the best advice I can give is go to an event like Perryville, (awesome event), and speak to different groups based in Kentucky.

Hi all,

I'm looking for more information on reenactment groups in Central Kentucky. I've tried to get in touch with two different groups that portray the 13th KY Vol. Infantry (US), but both seem to be inactive. Are there any groups within a few hours' drive from Lexington, KY that are looking to add new members? I'm looking to get involved for the first time.
There is a group preparing for a reenactment for the Battle of Middle Creek in eastern Kentucky if you're interested. I can probably link you up. One of the regiments they are portraying is a regiment I research.

I haven’t tried to reach anyone there yet, I thought the Laurel Home Guards drezac recommended might be a better starting point for a new reenactor with no gear to bring. However, the Laurel Home Guards haven’t responded yet, so I’ll probably get in touch with the organization you recommended soon. If you think your direct contact would be a better option, feel free to send me the details. Thanks again for your help!

Back