Reenacting.

What type of service to you wish to prtray, ie, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery? Which side do you wish to portray?
Then "Google" (for example) "Confederate Artillery reenacting units wisconsin" and see what pops up.
OR, attend a reenactment and talk with units who are there. Hopefully, most will be friendly and try to help you out!
I am with a Confederate Artillery unit, based in the Quad Cities of Iowa/Illinois. However, we have members from Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. A portion of our events may be within your range of travel.
This weekend, we will be in Galesburg, IL and next weekend we will be in Galena, IL. Hope to see you!

Vote Here:
What type of service to you wish to prtray, ie, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery? Which side do you wish to portray?
Then "Google" (for example) "Confederate Artillery reenacting units wisconsin" and see what pops up.
OR, attend a reenactment and talk with units who are there. Hopefully, most will be friendly and try to help you out!
I am with a Confederate Artillery unit, based in the Quad Cities of Iowa/Illinois. However, we have members from Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. A portion of our events may be within your range of travel.
This weekend, we will be in Galesburg, IL and next weekend we will be in Galena, IL. Hope to see you!
Maybe I will stop by Galena next weekend! Retirement has its benefits.

Vote Here:
As Albert said the best thing to do is attend an event in your area and talk to the reenactors and find a group that would be a good fit for you. Some groups are hard core and others more laid back. Some are more family friendly while others are more boy's club. All of them usually have some loaner gear so you can give it a try before investing lots of $$ on stuff. Hope you dive in, it's a great hobby.

Vote Here:
As Albert said the best thing to do is attend an event in your area and talk to the reenactors and find a group that would be a good fit for you. Some groups are hard core and others more laid back. Some are more family friendly while others are more boy's club. All of them usually have some loaner gear so you can give it a try before investing lots of $$ on stuff. Hope you dive in, it's a great hobby.
Last night I sent an email to the founders of the Co. G, 7th Wisconsin Infantry reenacting group last night, hoping I’m allowed to participate!!

Vote Here:
Back