Position Marker 29

DaTodd

Cadet
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
I went to the battlefield two weeks ago researching the 52nd Illinois, and picked up one of the Trailhead Graphics maps. Reviewing it after I got back to Wisconsin, I discovered that I missed marker 29 , which is in the woods to the north of Duncan Field. While the map has its position marked, it is not attributed to any unit. Does anyone know who it is for and what it says? Thanks.
 
Thank you for the assist. Hadn't been able to find that database before. However, that is Monument 29, not Marker 29--which is not in the database; apparently why Trailhead Graphics doesn't list it. I just emailed the park, hopefully they know what's up.
If you contact Mr. Larry he can tell you as he knows way more than the park wienies. @Ole Miss may know.

 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top