Pinfire cylinder?

RustyRelic

Private
Joined
Dec 24, 2022
Found at cavalry site. 5 round, very little holes. 22 maybe? Would like to hear your opinions. One side of the cylinder the holes are smaller.

IMG_9576.jpeg


IMG_9578.jpeg


IMG_9580.jpeg


IMG_9581.jpeg
 
The reason for the bigger end is that it was a rim fire.
 
Do you think it's period or post wartime? Either way it's cool and I need to see if I can find anymore of it. I remember the small area with a lot of signals. That's my goal next time is to hopefully find the rest of it.
 
Do you think it's period or post wartime? Either way it's cool and I need to see if I can find anymore of it. I remember the small area with a lot of signals. That's my goal next time is to hopefully find the rest of it.
.22 rimfire was invented in 1857 as the .22 short. My thought without support is 1880s
 
Something smaller left inside the smaller diameter chambers - like the walls of a cartridge. What's the I.D. of .32 rimfire brass?
 
So this type without trigger guard? I've had a lot of mixed opinions some even said it could been a pellet gun

IMG_9619.png
 
Both the Smith & Wessom Model 1 and the Allen & Wheelock side hammer .22 rimfire had 7 shot cylinders, so can rule them out. There are a variety of .22 rimfire pocket revolvers, not sure which had 6 hole cylinders (photo shows 6 but your written description says 5). Uhlinger did have one with 6 holes.
 
Last edited:
Both the Smith & Wessom Model 1 and the Allen & Wheelock side hammer .22 rimfire had 7 shot cylinders, so can rule them out. There are a variety of .22 rimfire pocket revolvers, not sure which had 6 hole cylinders (photo shows 6 but your written description says 5). Uhlinger did have one with 6 holes.
My mistake on the 5 rounds
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top