New Hampshire ruby ambro

General Butler

First Sergeant
There are a bunch of these out there. The photographer must have made a small fortune. Company B NHV

15858677887846878679223395602458.jpg

where did you get all these?
My mom dad and I used to travel the backroads of Mass and NH. I looked for Ben Butler items. Mom looked for old furniture and clocks and dad looked for CW pix and early pewter. In the 60s and early 70s this stuff was pretty easy to find and we'd always end up at some tiny roadside seafood place for dinner. Well they are both gone now so the civil war items came to me. I have about another l2 or so to unwrap and then there are the guns and cloth...most will be CW but I suspect some will look CW to a 1967 eye but now maybe not so much. This group will be happy to tell me otherwise. All this is probably too much info...sorry

My mom dad and I used to travel the backroads of Mass and NH. I looked for Ben Butler items. Mom looked for old furniture and clocks and dad looked for CW pix and early pewter. In the 60s and early 70s this stuff was pretty easy to find and we'd always end up at some tiny roadside seafood place for dinner. Well they are both gone now so the civil war items came to me. I have about another l2 or so to unwrap and then there are the guns and cloth...most will be CW but I suspect some will look CW to a 1967 eye but now maybe not so much. This group will be happy to tell me otherwise. All this is probably too much info...sorry
No, its fascinating, keep it coming.

I love the thought of traveling those back roads as you describe. Thanks for posting these items.
It was fun. I had a pewter civil war soldier set and soon learned I could buy buttons bullets and buckles for snow shovel and lawn mower money so it made those trips much more fun. Once I bought a brass shoulder scale in Merrimack NH, from The Old Sarge, for 3 bucks cuz he thought is was for a door lock.

I love the thought of traveling those back roads as you describe. Thanks for posting these items.
It still is fun to point the car with an end destination in mind, like Woodmans Lobster in the Rough, or Browns...yum...and simply wander on a spring day on roads you may have never been on. But if you have never gone ypu must go the Bromfield Antique fair one of 3 times per year. You will find stuff. Bring comfy shoes as you will WALK and it may take 3 days to see it all. Wild but fun

Back