Need Help Tracking Down a Provenance

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
I am trying to find more information about a name that appears on a watch with an 1863 presentation on it. The recipient Henry Nathan Sawyer, born in 1842, is listed elsewhere as the Commander of the MOLLUS for the years 1891-93. He may also have been a Boston city councilman in 1878. I am assuming that an officer of the MOLLUS would have to have served as an officer during the Civil War, but I have not been able to find any evidence of that fact. I have checked Fold3 and done various Google searches, but nothing turns up. I'd greatly appreciate any help from the folks on this forum.

Last edited:

Robin Lesjovitch

Sergeant
I am trying to find more information about a name that appears on a watch with an 1863 presentation on it. The recipient Henry Nathan Sawyer, born in 1842, is listed elsewhere as the Commander of the MOLLUS for the years 1891-93. He may also have been a Boston city councilman in 1878. I am assuming that an officer of the MOLLUS would have to have served as an officer during the Civil War, but I have not been able to find any evidence of that fact. I have checked Fold3 and done various Google searches, but nothing turns up. I'd greatly appreciate any help from the folks on this forum.
A difficult task. Without more information, the search will be very hard.
THere were certainly Hemry Sawyers serving in the war

Robin Lesjovitch

Sergeant
Henry Nathan Sawyer, was Comander. Mpllus, 1991-93