Nathan Bedford Forrest

I'd love to see whoever could put the fear of God in Bedfords head.

William Hezekiah Forrest was considerably more hot tempered than his hot tempered brother - somebody almost always ended up killed when his fuse got lit! And nobody knew when that would be - that's what scared Bedford. "No man alive can tell when Bill's going to get mad," Forrest once remarked.
 
William Hezekiah Forrest was considerably more hot tempered than his hot tempered brother - somebody almost always ended up killed when his fuse got lit! And nobody knew when that would be - that's what scared Bedford. "No man alive can tell when Bill's going to get mad," Forrest once remarked.
I find it quite funny a person like Hezekiah would be locked up by the age of 18 today, I wonder what consequences his actions had back then.
 
I find it quite funny a person like Hezekiah would be locked up by the age of 18 today, I wonder what consequences his actions had back then.

Different times! Brother Bedford had a shoot-out in the middle of Hernando's plaza which resulted in some fatalities - the people voted him constable! Bill, though, did make up for his near-nuts temper by being a surprisingly generous and kind man otherwise. Kind of 'sure a nice feller, that Bill - just don't make him mad!'
 
Different times! Brother Bedford had a shoot-out in the middle of Hernando's plaza which resulted in some fatalities - the people voted him constable! Bill, though, did make up for his near-nuts temper by being a surprisingly generous and kind man otherwise. Kind of 'sure a nice feller, that Bill - just don't make him mad!'
Yeah like the weird kid in middle-school just trying to fit in.

I'm not that weird kid.

i totally am

My example is also completely off the topic, but I thought it fit in.
 
Incidentally, Forrest's collar is worth a look. He has a wreath around his stars. He was promoted to brigadier general in July, and was still a colonel when this photo was taken. Apparently he decided to have his personal tailor in Memphis fix him up with a new uniform before he had to get gone!
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top