My Confederate flag collection

That's a very nice display! Thanks for putting it up - learned a good deal just now. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, my Sibley Flag has since arrived, and several more on the way.

On a side note, could any folks reading this please give their opinion on M. A. Ward's (me) Alternate/Replacement Mississippi state flag?
81d5qj3gu1w21.png

JeffCSA

Private
Thanks for sharing. Great collection! I am having a 1st Georgia Cavalry made. My GGUncle joined that regiment when they were here in East Tennessee at Clinton.

ariete

Private
the french tricolor with stars circle was also adopted by the state of Louisiana as unofficial flag, maybe already in 1860, even if more famous unofficial banner is that with coloured stripes and a star on the top-left on red backgroung.

BenKalba

Private
Wonderful collection. I am looking for the battle flags for the 34th N.C. Infantry and 46th N.C. Infantry.

Flags are funny. If I flew a Confederate flag there'd be hell to pay. But, I flew the flag of the Confederacy and nothing said. It seems very few today can recognize that flag

I didn't see an Army of Tennessee, aka "Bragg" flag.
And you need a 12-star battle flag(no center star) for General Forrest's HQ.
Ah, yes, the old 12-star battle flag is beautiful, I believe that flag style was commonly used by the Department of Alabama, Mississippi and East Louisiana, 12-star battle flags have noted to have originated especially from Mobile, Alabama, apparently even Second National-pattern flags from Mobile, Alabama only had 12 stars instead of the standard 13.

Flag Guy

Private
Ah, yes, the old 12-star battle flag is beautiful, I believe that flag style was commonly used by the Department of Alabama, Mississippi and East Louisiana, 12-star battle flags have noted to have originated especially from Mobile, Alabama, apparently even Second National-pattern flags from Mobile, Alabama only had 12 stars instead of the standard 13.

The Army of the Mississippi/Army of Tennessee used a number of battle flag patterns during their career. The 12 star flags began with both versions of the Bragg pattern flag (albeit with 6 pointed stars), made in New Orleans by Henry Cassidy. These were made in February and March 1862 and first used at Shiloh (square versions only). The rectangular versions were issued later. Then starting in October 1863 came the 12 star battle flags of the Mobile Depot made under contract by either Jackson and Sarah Belknap or James Cameron who moved there from Memphis to Jackson, MS and then to Mobile. Cameron made flags in Memphis and tents while in Jackson then back to flags in Mobile. The first issues were to William Jackson's Cavalry Division and then progressively through to July 1864 when Forrest's Cavalry Corps got them. In between these were issued to the Mobile garrison/District of the Gulf, SD Lee's Cavalry Corps, Polk's Army of Mississippi and miscellaneous troops in the Department of Alabama, Mississippi and East Louisiana. The post above is correct that even some Second National flags made in Mobile also had only 12 stars. We suspect this was due to the fact that PGT Beauregard's personal ANV flag with only 12 stars given to him in 1861 and it was sent during the war to Mobile for safe keeping.

Impressive! So some of these flags are custom? I'd like a custom flag of the regiment most of my relatives served in (50th PA) but I'm afraid to see how much that would cost.
I normally use bagsoflove.co.uk for making my custom flags, they can be quite expensive, so I don't buy them often

JPChurch

First Sergeant
Most of your flags look like nylon or polyester? and they need pressing with an iron to get the creases out...…......it's a nice bunch of flags, I like the Glorietta Pass flag...…….I've been there in NM, not much to see...……..reminded me of the "Good the Bad and the Ugly"