Morgan's Raid

rickvox79

First Sergeant
My brother is working between Ohio and Pennsylvania since January. He sent me these pictures last night from Salineville, Ohio or near it possibly. I thought I'd post them here, maybe someone would know for sure where this is located. He works in surveying and is all over the place, so he couldn't remember the name of the cemetery when it took these a few months back.

DSC_0771b.jpg
DSC_0769b.jpg

Yikes, he's a surveyor and he doesn't know where he was?

Haha, yeah pipeline surveying. He does a lot of traveling everyday, he's originally from Florida like me so he's not familiar with the area. He said he would get the exact information next time he went by the cemetery.

I've been to Salineville a few times, haven't seen that marker yet...if I remember Blue and Gray Magazine had a tour of the area a few years ago.

I live in Salem, Oh. about 25 miles north of Salineville. I'll see if I can find out where that marker is in the next few days. In Columbus now but I'll be home over the weekend and look into it. The marker used to be in a roadside park off of Ohio St. Rte. 518 in between West Point and Gavers but the park was demolished and the marker moved. Never did hear where it went.

Thanks for this thread. You've given me a project.:thumbsup:

Of course by the time I find it, someone else will have told you where it is.:wink:

Back