Cocktails/Brews Mississippi Punch

mississippi punch
512px-A_Glass_of_Whiskey_on_the_Rocks.jpg
(from How to Mix Drinks, Or The Bon-vivant's Companion, by Jerry Thomas, 1862)

Ingredients:
(Use large bar glass.)​
1 wine glass of brandy​
1/2 wine glass of Jamaica rum​
1/2 wine glass of Bourbon whiskey​
1/2 wine glass of water​
1 1/2 table spoonful of powdered white sugar​
1/2 of a large lemon​

Instructions:

Fill a tumbler with shaved ice.​
​
The above must be well shaken, and to those who like their draughts "like linked sweetness long drawn out," let them use a glass tube or straw to sip the nectar through. The top of this punch should be ornamented with small pieces of orange, and berries in season.​

Photo by Benjamin Thompson, CC-3.0​

NOTE: 1 Wineglass equals 4 Tablespoons
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there was a lot going on in Greenville, Mississippi during the 1970's.

My Uncle's 'backyard' bordered upon thousands of acreage planted in cotton & soy beans.

Gawd . . . I still miss watching our Delta Crop Duster pilots do 'their thing'


After one of those flights, I think @Albert Sailhorst's recipe would 'hit the spot'

:laugh:

I worked for a crop duster back in the late '70's (the office, not the fun stuff). Had to go out and give messages to him a couple of times. My granddad's brother was on. I love watching them!
 
Keep talking, "off topic", if y'all want to.....I am enjoying the conversation! :smile:

House is Small Albert to from school ever I went to Lawhorn elementary maybe jr high to I think I Remember once we had recess and a bunch of Asian tourist came by cameras all out taking photos of every thing … was kinda crazy for young kid..

We lived closer to Saltillo but went there … Course there is the Tupelo battlefield and the Natchez trace … Some confederate dead in a area on the trace..

Think I was there 79 - 83 or 84

@7th Mississippi Infantry
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top