McEvoy fuze igniter

Kelly408

Private
Joined
Mar 23, 2016
Location
Columbia, SC
Playing around on websites I came across this item. I'm not sure what this is. The picture doesn't help me. Can someone explain what this is?

PC7735nn-002[1].jpg
 
Here is a great article which will help answer your questions. Page 29
 
Last edited:
Here is a great article which will help answer your questions. Page 29
First of all thank you for responding. I have a much better understanding of what it is supposed to do. But how? Does the expanding gas yank off the igniter, causing the friction primer to spark igniting the fuse?

I found it especially interesting that the article quotes Hardaway as saying only 1 in 15 shells exploded. I don't know if that is close to accurate for timed fuses in general. Would be a fun number to know.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top