Honoring The Fallen

Johnny_Reb_1865

First Sergeant
Joined
Nov 3, 2019
I saw this video a while back and I was inspired to ask about what if something similar happened during the anniversaries of the battles using real identities of real people involved?


1000017666.jpg

Imagine a reenactor as part of an event like this wearing a uniform just like the fallen Sergeant by this marker and he hands you a little card telling you he was one of the 10th Louisiana who fell there. I think it'd be a powerful thing.

Something like this might even help preserve lesser known battlefields or historical sites associated with the war.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top