Collection Home weaponry displays

I don't have room like you guys so I can only spread it out at the CW shows.
agca show.jpg
mydisplay agca.jpg
mydisplay agca-1.jpg

[QUOTE="vmicraig, ]@Lanyard Puller[/USER] Tell us about that Lee Bust you have

It's a bronze made by Bruce B. Everly, Sr. {https://www.everlysculpture.com/} who now resides near Atlanta. He also does the same busts in clay or bronze. I also have a Wade Hampton and Stonewall Jackson.. Bruce used to drag these things to gun shows 10 years or so ago, but now people come to him. As you'd expect, they are not cheap and you may have to wait awhile to get one.

On Lee's left are Virginia "style" altered{ for saber bayonet} Missy's. On his right are the really rare CS rifles {Montgomery Armory, Sunflower Guard's Cook, Morse inside lock, etc. Behind him is a rack of Richmonds'.

Last edited:
It's a bronze made by Bruce B. Everly, Sr. {https://www.everlysculpture.com/} who now resides near Atlanta. He also does the same busts in clay or bronze.

I like his works. I particularly like the Lee, Sheridan and Clerbourne busts. I imagine they are pricey, and at that size, "extra" pricey.

My statuary collection is limited but includes three 150-year old plaster pieces of work by John Rogers. My favorite, "The Council of War", features Abraham Lincoln seated with Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton and General Ulysses S. Grant. I had it professionally restored a few years ago by one of only 3 guys in the US that restore them for museums. Pricey, but well worth the expenditure.

After the war ended, Rogers produced a several sculptures that memorialized the Northern leaders of the conflict, as well as several that portrayed common soldiers, such as the 2 above my bookcase. As a monument to three sculpted figures, "The Council of War" became one of Rogers' most resonant works. The idea for the group came from Stanton.

Rogers took great care in preparing to model the three likenesses, visiting Grant and Stanton and using photographs for reference. For the assassinated president he relied entirely on photographs. The president's son Tad later wrote that his family considered "The Council of War" the most lifelike rendering of his father in sculpture. Stanton, too, congratulated the artist for surpassing any other likeness he had ever seen. Even though Rogers marketed the group at the relatively high price of $25, it was one of his most popular works. He produced three versions of the COW that show slight variations in the position of Stanton's hands and the position of his head.

IMG_0150.jpg

Last edited:
I've posted pics of my mancave here before; I'm a lucky man - my wife gave me permission to use an entire room when we moved here that wouldn't have been used otherwise. Took my time to set it up and even my wife likes using it, and she's not really much of a history fan. Got the idea from visiting so many museums over the years - why not try to make my own?

View attachment 323688

View attachment 323689

View attachment 323690

View attachment 323691

View attachment 323692

View attachment 323693
I have to say, you have talent. The statuary is a really nice touch. Beautifully done!

Tell us a little about the 3 uniforms in the pic
Sorry the pic is fuzzy. Uniform to the left is a single breasted frock coat that belonged to a captain in the 72nd Ohio. The center is a model 1852 Naval officer's swallow tail dress coat, unidentified. To the right is a model 1864 pattern double breasted Union Naval frock coat, with shoulder straps designating naval constructor rank. These are the only original uniforms I currently have.

I live about a mile from a Habitat for Humanity outlet. I have found many great display cases at darn near giveaway prices. Photos may not load normally. Sorry. H
handgun, saddles and swords.jpg

Union handguns and Griswold sword, saddles and sabers. Chest $40
Carbines in the beamSecond onee from left is Type 2 Burnside.jpg

Carbines in the I beam - came with the house. Middle carbine is my Burnside 2nd Model
more carbines in the steel beam.jpg

Rest of carbines. Union long arms to right with cav and arty shell jackets
The steel beam is a good place for my pike, etc.,etc..jpg

I use both sides of the I beam.
Mostly Union equipment and my surgical set.jpg

Union stuff and my surgical kit. Display case was garbage pick freebie
Officers Trunk. JR Manson, MAhone's Brigade.jpg

Officers chest J R Manson of Mahone's brigade
rebel stuff.jpg

sorry its sideways. Another Habitat bargain. Top half is an id'd CS bowie knife, a side knife, a pike head and canteen
union items.jpg

bottom half Union stuff
Rebel arms.  Top and bottom id'd Middle two Enfields.jpg

Finally my CS long arms. Two are id'd. Thanks for looking. H

I live about a mile from a Habitat for Humanity outlet. I have found many great display cases at darn near giveaway prices. Photos may not load normally. Sorry. H
View attachment 323963
View attachment 323964
Carbines in the I beam - came with the house. Middle carbine is my Burnside 2nd Model
View attachment 323965
View attachment 323966
View attachment 323968
View attachment 323973
View attachment 323975
sorry its sideways. Another Habitat bargain. Top half is an id'd CS bowie knife, a side knife, a pike head and canteen
View attachment 323977
bottom half Union stuff
View attachment 323978

View attachment 323969

View attachment 323972
Very nice and well organized.

I have gingerly approached the subject of enlarging/improving my little area in the corner of the dungeon that my "toys" occupy with my little bride and somewhere amongst the hysterical laughter something about the weather in hades was heard...I guess that that is a no.:help: But that said, these posts have given me good ideas on how to best use the space that I have.

Last edited:
View attachment 323963
View attachment 323964
View attachment 323965
View attachment 323966
View attachment 323968
View attachment 323973
View attachment 323975
View attachment 323977
bottom half Union stuff
View attachment 323978

View attachment 323969

View attachment 323972
Now THAT is what I call a man cave...

Back