Help identifying this botton

BillM

Cadet
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Hello ! I'm trying to identify this button. Any help would greatly appreciated.

20220205_113902~2.jpg
 
Ive seen 1000's of CW buttons buy none like this one with a snake. It is more than likely a civilian. What is the back-mark as that may help narrow down the age.
 
I had one person tell me that it's a Sportsman button. I could not find a button like it, though.
Thanks !!

20240126_110514.jpg


20240126_110449.jpg
 
The first image was a little blurry and I thought it might be a livery button; they have a bar that looks like twisted cloth below the family crest. Without that bar I think it must be something else. If it had a hound, deer, fox, boar, bear or some other similar creature I would think "hunting button"; but a snake? Is that back mark American or could it be British?
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top