Help identify

jayjay

Cadet
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Hi, guys, first post here. I have something that may be a cannonball, but it doesn't quite match any specs that I've seen. It has a ridge, and one pole. Its diameter is 2 7/8 " it weighs 3.58 pounds. Thanx in advance.

IMG_20190205_171124.jpg


IMG_20190205_171103.jpg
 
Welcome from the UK and from The First Bull Run/ Manassas Forum

While I have my thoughts on this I will wait for our experts to speak and I am sure they will be along soon.
 
Welcome From The Heart Of Dixie. From the dimensions its an ore crusher ball and not artillery.
 
Welcome from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I would consult with the Horse Soldier Shop in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. They are experts in everything militaria and also are very nice people to deal with and talk to. David.
 
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! Be sure and come visit the Forum.
Regards
David
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top