Ammo Help ID this bullet

DixieRifles

Lt. Colonel
Member of the Year
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Location
Collierville, TN
Somebody found this bullet and I dont know what type it is. I saw the first photo and guessed a Sharps. The base is flat and appears to have a design— not like a cleaning round.

92F154DB-05F0-4AA8-8F82-44850B54F99D.jpeg


DBE72D1A-7EAA-414F-A602-A67C1916067E.jpeg


I dont have it so I cant get any dimension.
 
Looks like a Spencer
 
I get my Sharps and Spencer bullets confused.
Photos of most Spencer bullets show 2 large rings. The one in photo has 1 and maybe 1 smeared into the base.
 
Loks like a Spencer
Looks like a .50 cal. Warner or .50/.56 cal. Colt revolving rifle bullet.

Caliber size would greatly assist.
I think you are right on being a Colt as the cast seam says Colt.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top