Hallowed Ground and Highways

I just thought I would share a piece I just wrote for my blog. I titled it "Hallowed Ground and Highways" and it was inspired by a recent trip I took to the Monocacy battlefield.

Here's the link.
The more we talk about places that are threatened, the more interest there will be. Keep bloggin!
 
I love Monocacy Battlefield. Thanks for posting this.
It irritates me beyond believe when people refer to this battle as a big defeat for Wallace. As you say, he had no illusions that he could win, but he knew he could gain time for Washington. He did the best he could with what he had, and it was enough. He's a hero in my eyes for that delaying action.
 
Never thought I'd run into someone who hated cars as much as I do......what you wrote in your blog is me to a tee. I realize our North American society is based on the internal combustion engine, but I wish it wasn't. Just let me enjoy a walk, a park or, yes, a battlefield for a few minutes without having to hear cars and trucks roaring by.
 
Never thought I'd run into someone who hated cars as much as I do......what you wrote in your blog is me to a tee. I realize our North American society is based on the internal combustion ngengine, but I wish it wasn't. Just let me enjoy a walk, a park or, yes, a battlefield for a few minutes without having to hear cars and trucks roaring by.
It amazes me the number of people who are incapable of having silence surround them. It just makes them uneasy! I love quiet and hate being bombarded with noise everywhere. Unfortunately, we often need a car to get to such quiet places. Sigh........
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top