Greene carbine parts

ewmail15

Retired User
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Months back I bought a beautiful lockplate on gunbroker(?), still with bluing and an A over 3 on the backside. It needed a Maynard primer tape roll so I picked that up from Ian Workman at americancivilwarrelics.

Dixie Gun Works owner several years ago bought up lots of old torn down Greene carbine parts. I picked up a dirty patchbox and just tonight cleaned it up and that too has plenty bluing still. It just has an A over 5. I emailed them if any patchboxes and buttplates have my A over 3.

Anyone here know the significance of the A... markings? British cavalry regiment assignments? Anyone ever seen any stocks or barrels/receivers online?

Eric
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top