HF Gods and Generals is so bad...

Historical-Fiction

Irishtom29

2nd Lieutenant
Gods and Generals is so bad...Ed Wood could’ve improved on it.

FE859169-C922-4526-B616-9375D9D65998.jpeg

Great, and this is the movie that I haven't seen yet that was going to motivate me to work out every day...yeah...no. I will watch it tentatively, but if it's as bad as everyone says I will just put it at the bottom of the pile and watch "Andersonville" or "Twelve Years a Slave" again. I have to admit, the first few minutes where Stonewall and the Misses sit in the parlor gazing into each others' eyes and speaking eloquently to each other just left me cold. If the whole movie is gonna be like that then, as they say in more urbane circles, ain't nobody got time for that!

Personal opinion and other people's views obviously differ but it is alright (I'm not going to go any higher than that). Mostly I think the problem with it is how much worse it is than 'Gettysburg' and how much some of the actors have aged despite the fact they are playing younger versions.

aged and kinda fattened up

gettysburg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-PsaFU_ksmT7vQC82zMac3NSoTjvfrS3zvojtzve_PY40Dxsp.jpg

gods and generals

hqdefault.jpg

aged and kinda fattened up

gettysburg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-PsaFU_ksmT7vQC82zMac3NSoTjvfrS3zvojtzve_PY40Dxsp.jpg

gods and generals

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, no! Does my beautiful Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain really look like that in G&G??? Noooooo!!!

Seriously, if they were going to make a movie ten years later about the same men who were in "Gettysburg" only they were supposed to be two years younger, they really needed to recast the whole lot of them. I was kind of wondering what this was going to look like, since the only actor I have seen in G&G so far who was in "Gettysburg" is Stephen Lang and it's really kind of hard to tell if he looks drastically different since he is playing a different character and has a lot more facial hair.

Last edited:
Back