General Richard Taylor Question

I don't know for sure, but I've always heard he didn't. I don't think it was common for Department Commanders to have a flag, that was more a Corps Commander's area. Way I always heard it told Taylor's flag was only used from right before the Red River Campaign till right afterwards.

Plus all the flags I know of from Taylor's tenure were either Mobile Depot flags of the Confederate BF and 2nd National variety. Along with Dabney Maury's unique red flag with a cross like the "Missouri" BF.
 
Here is this flag I'm referring to.

D10074E6-72B4-4434-8A35-6740940D766C.png
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top