NF Gary Gallagher talks about Bruce Catton

Non-Fiction

SSVilla

First Sergeant
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Location
Virginia, USA

Prof Gallagher appeared as a guest to promote a new edition of the Army of the Potomac trilogy by Bruce Catton. I am now interested in it because I love reading beautiful and evocative narrative. Some recent history books I have been reading are not that and have proven a struggle to get through tbh.

Anyways, I thought I'd share it for anyone who hadn't heard it and is either a Gallagher or Catton fan. I like both writers so I enjoyed this a lot.
 

Prof Gallagher appeared as a guest to promote a new edition of the Army of the Potomac trilogy by Bruce Catton. I am now interested in it because I love reading beautiful and evocative narrative. Some recent history books I have been reading are not that and have proven a struggle to get through tbh.

Anyways, I thought I'd share it for anyone who hadn't heard it and is either a Gallagher or Catton fan. I like both writers so I enjoyed this a lot.
Some of the first books I read were the centennial of the civil war by Bruce Canton
 
I recently was made aware of Catton through that podcast you cited, actually! I asked for the Library of America version of his "Army of the Potomac" Trilogy with the aim of reading a book at a time, here and there, in between other books. 2 months later I had finished reading it straight through, haha. He writes beautifully and compellingly. I do think it's necessary to read alongside a battlefield atlas, however.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top