Foto Friday 9-6

Fort Fisher NC

20180406_111325.jpg


20180406_121224.jpg


20180406_122401.jpg
 
Awesome pictures! I loved cannon when I was a kid, so much so that I wanted to be branched field artillery when I was commissioned. Just a note though - it has 2 "n's." There's only 1 with 1 n. 66 books in it.:smile coffee:
 
CWT invades Chickamauga. October 2018.

Speaking of Chickamauga and Artillery, I was sure I had heard there was an really great artillery museum at Chickamauga or just outside the Park. They claimed it had examples of every artillery cannon you wanted to see. But I can't find it.
Is there such as museum there? Or in the Chattanooga vicinity?

Or could they have been simply referring to the selection of cannon distributed throughout the NPS Park?
 
Columbiad at Columbus, KY (across the river from Belmont, MO) and a photo of the impressive earthworks.
This was dug out of 30-feet of mud some 20-30 years ago.

A--KYColumbus-21.jpg


A_KYColumbus_ 018 (2).jpg


Center of Okolona, Mississippi.
I was actually more impressed to discover a "Roundabout" in Mississippi.
Okolona.jpg


An imitation Fort Curtis in Helena, AR. Possibly a fake cannon, too.
Fort Curtis.jpg



Vicksburg 1986. I started my historical tours very early for my two daughters.
Vicksburg 1986.jpg
 
Speaking of Chickamauga and Artillery, I was sure I had heard there was an really great artillery museum at Chickamauga or just outside the Park. They claimed it had examples of every artillery cannon you wanted to see. But I can't find it.
Is there such as museum there? Or in the Chattanooga vicinity?

Or could they have been simply referring to the selection of cannon distributed throughout the NPS Park?
Not sure about cannons! But in side of the Visitors Center they have a very excellent display of muskets that was used on the Battlefield!
51511AE1-357D-4EE9-9DC8-EE03A6FD0872.jpeg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top