Finally Found a Civil War Button While Metal Detecting

So was I ever surprised when this Civil War eagle button came out of the ground of an old farm I was hitting yesterday.
Thought you might enjoy this quote from a talk given after the war- proof perhaps that you should not have been so surprised to find your eagle! Keep searching, I hope you find more.

During the Civil War nearly two and three-quarters millions of men were mustered to defend the Union. At its close eleven hundred thousand men were mustered out. For years after we saw men ploughing in the blue clothes they once wore in battle.

Source: page 451
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top