ENDED Euroarms lock plate help

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVP

Private
Good evening

I am new here and this is my first post so if I am in the wrong area, please let me know.

I am helping a friend out with a Euroarms 1853 Enfield. He told me that the rifle musket used to work great until one day he was cleaning it and the hammer "fell" to the half cock position. Since then it has not been working correctly. He took it to "someone" who fixed it for him but it still did not work. It appears the fix consisted of putting an Armi-Sport tumbler in the lock plate as the hammer will not seat but maybe 1/8" and the hammer screw will not thread into the tumbler.

When the lock plate is out of the gun, it will go to half cock and full cock with no problem. There is no push off in either position and the sear engages the tumbler fully in both positions. When seated into the gun once the tang screw is tightened at all, the hammer will not engage to the full cock position, falling the the half cock position. I was able to try another Euroarms lock plate in the same gun and it to failed in the say way. With the lock plate removed, the trigger "bar" is visible about 1/3 of the way up where the sear connector enters the hole to engage the trigger "bar".

I can find a sear, a hammer and a hammer screw on line with no problem however I cannot find the tumbler anywhere.

Based on my description above, can anyone guide me how to fix the problem and where to get a proper tumbler? I believe the issue is more than just the tumbler based on trying out a known good lock plate. To make sure the lock plate has proper parts, I think I would still need to replace the tumbler as well.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Good evening

I am new here and this is my first post so if I am in the wrong area, please let me know.

I am helping a friend out with a Euroarms 1853 Enfield. He told me that the rifle musket used to work great until one day he was cleaning it and the hammer "fell" to the half cock position. Since then it has not been working correctly. He took it to "someone" who fixed it for him but it still did not work. It appears the fix consisted of putting an Armi-Sport tumbler in the lock plate as the hammer will not seat but maybe 1/8" and the hammer screw will not thread into the tumbler.

When the lock plate is out of the gun, it will go to half cock and full cock with no problem. There is no push off in either position and the sear engages the tumbler fully in both positions. When seated into the gun once the tang screw is tightened at all, the hammer will not engage to the full cock position, falling the the half cock position. I was able to try another Euroarms lock plate in the same gun and it to failed in the say way. With the lock plate removed, the trigger "bar" is visible about 1/3 of the way up where the sear connector enters the hole to engage the trigger "bar".

I can find a sear, a hammer and a hammer screw on line with no problem however I cannot find the tumbler anywhere.

Based on my description above, can anyone guide me how to fix the problem and where to get a proper tumbler? I believe the issue is more than just the tumbler based on trying out a known good lock plate. To make sure the lock plate has proper parts, I think I would still need to replace the tumbler as well.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the forum from South Florida and the Reenactors forum. Yeah Armi-sport and Euroarms parts don't mix and Euroarms parts are getting tough to get. I'd try to contact lodgewood.com and see if they can help you, regtqm.com has a pretty good gun parts inventory also, maybe they could help.

Welcome to the forum from South Florida and the Reenactors forum. Yeah Armi-sport and Euroarms parts don't mix and Euroarms parts are getting tough to get. I'd try to contact lodgewood.com and see if they can help you, regtqm.com has a pretty good gun parts inventory also, maybe they could help.

Thank you, I shall look in both places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back