Eagle Snare Drum

Hi, Dexter--do you mean a reproduction rope tension snare drum with a Federal Eagle on it? If you google "rope tension snare drum" a lot of possibilities pop up--new, used, historic, etc. It would help to know what price range you're in and if you have any preferences regarding size and shape.

Hi, Dexter--do you mean a reproduction rope tension snare drum with a Federal Eagle on it? If you google "rope tension snare drum" a lot of possibilities pop up--new, used, historic, etc. It would help to know what price range you're in and if you have any preferences regarding size and shape.
Thanks for your reply. On numerous occasions in the past few years I've googled as you suggested and haven't found what I'm looking for -- which is a USED Reproduction Rope Tension Snare Drum with Federal Eagle -- hoping to be in the $ 250.00-400.00 range. Looking for the "typical" size any re-enactor would use when participating in for example a Fife and Drum group. This is for display only (to go along with my collection of period swords, rifles, etc. Thanks again !

Thanks for your reply. On numerous occasions in the past few years I've googled as you suggested and haven't found what I'm looking for -- which is a USED Reproduction Rope Tension Snare Drum with Federal Eagle -- hoping to be in the $ 250.00-400.00 range. Looking for the "typical" size any re-enactor would use when participating in for example a Fife and Drum group. This is for display only (to go along with my collection of period swords, rifles, etc. Thanks again !

OK, if you're just looking for something to display you can get a new, low-end drum like this one inexpensively. A used drum of any quality like a Cooperman or a Florence or other quality maker for $200-$400 would be hard to come by. If you're not playing it and it's for display only, something like this might be affordable option. A 14" head is small, but again, you're not playing it. I'm not recommending this as a performance instrument, and there are also other makers of inexpensive drums like this--just something to consider:

Last edited:
OK, if you're just looking for something to display you can get a new, low-end drum like this one inexpensively. A used drum of any quality like a Cooperman or a Florence or other quality maker for $200-$400 would be hard to come by. If you're not playing it and it's for display only, something like this might be affordable option. A 14" head is small, but again, you're not playing it. I'm not recommending this as performance instrument, and there are also other makers of inexpensive drums like this--just something to consider:

Hi Claude and thanks again. Although the drum itself in this link doesn't look bad, I'd prefer a much better quality Painted Eagle with the Streamer underneath. I'm willing to spend more $$ to get a more authentic looking paint scheme. What should I do next ?

Hi Claude and thanks again. Although the drum itself in this link doesn't look bad, I'd prefer a much better quality Painted Eagle with the Streamer underneath. I'm willing to spend more $$ to get a more authentic looking paint scheme. What should I do next ?

Well, about all you can do if you want a high quality drum for $200-$400 painted just the way you want it, is to keep looking online and posting on forums like you did here, and hope one turns up--if one does appear it would be snapped up quickly. If you raised your threshold to $500-$800 you might have more luck finding one. A new Cooperman drum like the one you describe would cost over $900.

Best of luck!

Back