Curious What Is A Tactical

Kinda... It's part war game part reenactment. The officers get to put there skills to the test in a non-specific engagement. They are just for fun and generally really enjoyable.
 
I went to one in pennsylvania, it is in my mind cowboys and indians that we used to play, but over the whole day, no rest, no time for lunch , always on the move, very much like what the soldiers went through . I was exhausted at the end .
 
I went to one in pennsylvania, it is in my mind cowboys and indians that we used to play, but over the whole day, no rest, no time for lunch , always on the move, very much like what the soldiers went through . I was exhausted at the end .
Never done one that long, but I did one at 8am at New Market last year in full pack. Boy is that exhausting!!!
 
There are tacticals and there are tacticools. A tactical is actually a study of an engagement (whether specific or generic) where the public is typically not invited to attend. As often as not it is a full on wargame with judges and honest to god standards and rules.

A tacticool... a bunch of like minded individuals burning powder and playing war.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top