CSS Hunley

Mr. King

Sergeant Major
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Location
Carolina Coast
Expired Image Removed

OK, it's a replica... but it's a nice looking replica.

Trigger (SS-564) behind a replica of the H.L. Hunley at Pier November in Charleston, SC in 1968. Taken from the bridge of the Chivo (SS-341). In the distance at pier Lima there appears to be other subs and possibly the tender Howard W. Gilmore (AS-16).
Photo courtesy of Mike Cappucci.
 
There was also a U.S. submarine tender, U.S.S. Hunley (AS-31), in service from 1962 to 1994.

as%2031-L.jpg
 
I'm seeing a broken or empty link to an image in the first post. I sure would like to see the photo. Please try again.
 
You can try right-clicking and then "View Image," or similar. Should show up then.
Thanks, Andy. I'm sitting here on my iMac, which normally doesn't have a "right trigger" configuration on its magic mouse. However, my magic mouse died some months ago and I replaced it with a two-button conventional PC mouse. I was totally ignorant about the "right click" feature. What do you know? ....it was just as you said. I'm not sure I could have gotten the same results with my magic mouse. Maybe so. Anyway, I've seen the picture now, so thanks for your patience with me!
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top