Stiles/Akin Sergeant Major Joined Apr 1, 2016 Location Atlanta, Georgia Sep 15, 2019 #22 Yorkville enquirer. / March 16, 1864 /
Seduzal Lt. Colonel Retired Moderator Joined Jun 19, 2013 Location Canton, North Carolina Sep 15, 2019 #23 Thanks for sharing this interesting questions. Enjoyed reading all the answers.
Stone in the wall 1st Lieutenant Forum Host Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021 Joined Sep 19, 2017 Location Blue Ridge Mountains, Jefferson County WV Sep 15, 2019 #24 8 gun ports and only 4 guns. Were they able to move the guns to different ports?
U USS Cumberland Corporal Joined Dec 23, 2014 Sep 15, 2019 #25 I'm reminded of the dry, old Charleston one-liner: "Charleston is where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers meet to form the Atlantic."
I'm reminded of the dry, old Charleston one-liner: "Charleston is where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers meet to form the Atlantic."
rebelatsea Captain Joined Mar 30, 2013 Location Kent ,England. Sep 15, 2019 #26 Stiles/Akin said: I bumped into that. i will search fr it Click to expand... Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different.
Stiles/Akin said: I bumped into that. i will search fr it Click to expand... Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different.
rebelatsea Captain Joined Mar 30, 2013 Location Kent ,England. Sep 15, 2019 #27 Stone in the wall said: 8 gun ports and only 4 guns. Were they able to move the guns to different ports? Click to expand... They were to be on a form of turntable originated by John Roy and adopted by John M Brooke and could be each be fired out of two corner ports.
Stone in the wall said: 8 gun ports and only 4 guns. Were they able to move the guns to different ports? Click to expand... They were to be on a form of turntable originated by John Roy and adopted by John M Brooke and could be each be fired out of two corner ports.
Stiles/Akin Sergeant Major Joined Apr 1, 2016 Location Atlanta, Georgia Sep 15, 2019 #28 rebelatsea said: Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different. Click to expand... I looked hard for Cooper but could not find any more details. I will keep rebelatsea said: Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different. Click to expand... I keep searching but I cant seem to find anything soecific too CSS Cooper. I even searched for Kirkwood and Knox. Elephind is a good tool as well
rebelatsea said: Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different. Click to expand... I looked hard for Cooper but could not find any more details. I will keep rebelatsea said: Thank you. it's amazing how many tidbits emerge when you are looking for something completely different. Click to expand... I keep searching but I cant seem to find anything soecific too CSS Cooper. I even searched for Kirkwood and Knox. Elephind is a good tool as well
Stone in the wall 1st Lieutenant Forum Host Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021 Joined Sep 19, 2017 Location Blue Ridge Mountains, Jefferson County WV Sep 16, 2019 #29 rebelatsea said: They were to be on a form of turntable originated by John Roy and adopted by John M Brooke and could be each be fired out of two corner ports. Click to expand... Thank you, I hadn't even thought about that. Amazing how much things had advanced since the CSS Virginia.
rebelatsea said: They were to be on a form of turntable originated by John Roy and adopted by John M Brooke and could be each be fired out of two corner ports. Click to expand... Thank you, I hadn't even thought about that. Amazing how much things had advanced since the CSS Virginia.