CSA swords

Pvt. Hollifield

Private
Is there a CSA sword on the market that is a functioning sword with all the bells and whistles as a original. Been looking around and I’m not sure, some look good but the blade is stamped India. Would really like it to be more than a wall hanger without the stamp. I know Cold Steel makes a really good 1860 but I was looking for one that had a CS on the knuckle guard. Any help would be appreciated

Is there a CSA sword on the market that is a functioning sword with all the bells and whistles as a original. Been looking around and I’m not sure, some look good but the blade is stamped India. Would really like it to be more than a wall hanger without the stamp. I know Cold Steel makes a really good 1860 but I was looking for one that had a CS on the knuckle guard. Any help would be appreciated
What kind of sword are you looking for? Blockade Runner offers some CS swords that look nice and are a bit more pricey than the Indian made swords so I believe they are nicer than those but I have not seen one in person.

I kind of like the Joe Shelby sword. I want it to be a functioning sword without the India stamp on the blade. If that’s possible.

I’ve seen those but I don’t known what high carbon steel really means and if they have the India stamp. Both are beautiful swords but I hope to find a fully functional and “India “ unmarked sword for around the $150/300 range.

I’ve seen those but I don’t known what high carbon steel really means and if they have the India stamp. Both are beautiful swords but I hope to find a fully functional and “India “ unmarked sword for around the $150/300 range.
Call the guys at Regimental Quartermaster and ask, they are good folks there. Yeah the Indian blades aren't very nice.

I’ll try to Monday, I was hoping on of y’all in the re-enactments community would help shed some light on it for me.

Majority of the reproductions out there today are fairly poor quality, mostly marketed as "collectables" that folks will hang on the wall. There are a few folks producing better quality ones, but they also command higher prices. High Carbon Steel is a much harder and higher quality metal, commonly found on cutting tool blades and knives etc. Stays sharper and more durable but the hardening process also tends to make the metal a bit more brittle. Most of those out of India / Pakistain are of mild steel, hence why they may bend, chip and dent easily. As well as they tend to be much less expensive. For the average swashbuckler and abuse they endure on the reenactment fields the average India made sabers fullfill that bill well enough for most. Ive had a few that I used for that purpose so if damaged I wasnt out of tons of cash. In Living history programs I have several better quality and originals I use for that. Finding a new one made in India void of the stampings can be problematic since such items per trade laws are normally required to be marked with the country of make/origins. Many will just take them and grind/file off the offending farby markings.

Back