ENDED CSA Cavalry reenactment gear

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attending a writer's conference with a costume component in late June. I'd like to dress as my main character, an officer in the 2nd Kentucky Confederate Cavalry. I've seen full uniforms for about $160 new, sabers for as low as $40, but the boots seem to run around $120 by themselves. Any gear for sale around or below those prices welcome, or pointers and suggestions.

Reactions: WJC
Is this a one time deal or are you going to use the stuff regularly? The prices you mentioned are very cheap. Remember the old saying you get what you pay for. If it's a one time thing I can understand not wanting to invest a lot into it. If this is something you're going to do regularly do your homework and look through the reenactors forum, particularly the thread on sutler info, it will be a big help. There's also good used stuff around if you look around.

Sizes would be a big help. I have a pair of size 11 boots that have been in the attic for several years they have some miles on them but are serviceable for what you want and maybe for a for a couple of years in the field. If you want them I'll take $65 plus shipping.
I also have brand new CS officers sword belt on the bench for $65. It should be finished by next Wednesday as there are several other orders/items in que ahead of it. Could combine your shipping. Paypal it the preferred payment method.

Again sizes are important.

ProfessorK

Is this a one time deal or are you going to use the stuff regularly? The prices you mentioned are very cheap. Remember the old saying you get what you pay for. If it's a one time thing I can understand not wanting to invest a lot into it. If this is something you're going to do regularly do your homework and look through the reenactors forum, particularly the thread on sutler info, it will be a big help. There's also good used stuff around if you look around.
I doubt my wife will let me get seriously into reenacting :smile: I will likely just use them for publicity stops over the next year or so.

Sizes would be a big help. I have a pair of size 11 boots that have been in the attic for several years they have some miles on them but are serviceable for what you want and maybe for a for a couple of years in the field. If you want them I'll take $65 plus shipping.
I also have brand new CS officers sword belt on the bench for $65. It should be finished by next Wednesday as there are several other orders/items in que ahead of it. Could combine your shipping. Paypal it the preferred payment method.

Again sizes are important.

ProfessorK
I'm a size 38 coat, size 9 boots, 33" waist, about 5'6" tall. The size 11 boots, if they're black cavalry boots, would be a little large, but still interesting, since I wouldn't be hiking miles in them and attractive at that price. You can email me at [email protected], so I have your email for the transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back