Check out this colorization...!

We must be looking at different photos. I don't see any grey footwear. I see black footwear that is, well worn, & filthy with dust/dirt/etc..
Everybody wants to be a critic :D

It looks like it could be a color photo taken from a modern camera!!! Wow!!!

I've often noticed from many pictures, that a lot of the cameras backs then, ("tintypes" especially) produce some incredibly detailed and vibrant images on par with modern cameras. If they were perfectly still...

To me that's made CW photos way better candidates for colorization that a lot of B&W photos of other eras. But that's just my opinion, its a work of art aided and abetted by modern computer technology, and the more research, the better an image just looks.

I think this is a GREAT Colorization, from the famous photo of the Confederate trio at Gettysburg.

View attachment 353640

View attachment 353641

View attachment 353642

** Before posting these photos, I obtained permission from Mr Hayes @ LJ Hayes Colorizations. **

I also invited him to join CWT. He has an amazing collection of photos he's colorized. Many of them really bring to life, the folks pictured.
This is a good colorized picture ,as much as I do not like colorized pictures.This picture is not over done.I have seen some where the picture was done that the process has covered the picture ,way over does the process.

That
I think this is a GREAT Colorization, from the famous photo of the Confederate trio at Gettysburg.

View attachment 353640

View attachment 353641

View attachment 353642

** Before posting these photos, I obtained permission from Mr Hayes @ LJ Hayes Colorizations. **

I also invited him to join CWT. He has an amazing collection of photos he's colorized. Many of them really bring to life, the folks pictured.
that is an amazing colorized photo. The civil war in color brings to life many things only people who fought their could know. It was a harsh time, and color brings life to a distant event closer then ever.

Back